The athletes who had remarkable achievements in 2020 were distinguished with the Alexandrion Trophies and financially rewarded for their contribution to the development of Romanian sport, within the only initative of this kind organized and entirely supported by a private entity. The Alexandrion Trophies, awarded following the consultations with the representatives of 27 sport outlets teams in Romania and authorized institutions are meant to reward both the excellent results in sport and help the athletes draw the attention on the challenges and needs this area is facing, that require the constant and active involvement of the state and of the private environment.
The winners of the Alexandrion Trophies 2020 are:
- Laura Coman (sport shooting; European champion)
- Paul Georgescu (swimming; three records set in Antarctica)
- Cătălina Axente (wrestling; European bronze medal, 72 kg category)
- Alin Alexuc- Ciurariu (wrestling; continental champion, 130 kg category)
- Andreea Chiţu (judo; European vice-champion, 52 kg category)
- Marcel Manea (body building; world champion)
- Daniel Crista (cycling; European bronze medal in the European Championship on Velodrome)
- Ana-Maria Brânză Popescu (fencing ; world champion)
- Robert Glinţă (swimming; European vice champion, the 50 m back swimming )
- Larisa Iordache (gymnastics: 4 European medals in artistic gymnastics)
The winners of the «Hope» Trophies are :
- Julianne Duckadam (fencing)
- Mihai Savin (judo)
- Andrei Nica (gold medal in monobob, The Olympic Games for Youth)
The Excellence in Sport Trophy was awarded to Miodrag Belodedici (award for the entire career in football).
The Alexandrion Fondation offered a special award to the ultramarathoner Levente Polgar.